- WWALS Annual Member Meeting with annual report and election of board members. Several board slots are open, so if you want to be nominated, fill in the application form.
- WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting, with annual election of officers.
The draft agendas are below.
WWALS Annual Meeting
7:00 PM Wednesday 13 July 2016
IHOP, Adel, GA
WWALS members can vote in this annual meeting, and the public is invited to observe.
Board members are listed in www.wwals.net/board.
- Call to Order, Welcome, and Introductions
- Presentation of Annual report
- Report of Nominating Committee about board candidates
- Nomination for Board Members
Three terms are expiring, and a few others are vacant, so if you want to run for the WWALS board, this is a good time, especially if you live in the Withlacoochee or Little River watersheds, especially in Georgia, or in Florida, especially in the upper Suwannee River watershed.
A nomination form for board and committees, along with bios of current board members, is here: http://www.wwals.net/about/board/.
- Election of Board Positions to fill 3 year terms
- All board members sign Bylaws, Conflict of Interest Policy, and Whistleblower Policy
Conflict of Interest Policy: http://www.wwals.net/about/documents/conflict-interest-policy/
Whistleblower Policy: http://www.wwals.net/about/documents/wwals-employee-protection-whistleblower-policy/
The board may enact other policies. For example, WWALS is a distributed organization which cannot conduct business solely through in-person meetings, so participation in the online board email list and is mandatory for board members.
- Other Business
WWALS Quarterly Board Meeting
After annual WWALS Membership Meeting, 7:30 PM Wednesday 13 July 2016
IHOP, 1200 W 4th St, Adel, GA 31620
All WWALS Board Members are expected to attend in person or by telephone.
The more done on the board list, the less time we’ll have to spend on them in this meeting.
All WWALS members, especially committee members, are invited to attend, as is the general public.
Board Members (may change due to annual membership meeting immediately preceding, and officers may change due to officer election in this board meeting):
* Executive Committee; M Membership Committee
- John S. Quarterman (President, PR Committee Chair, Watershed Issues Committee Chair)*,
- Gretchen Quarterman (Treasurer, Membership Committee Chair, and Grant-Writing Committee Chair)*M,
- Dave Hetzel (VP Ambassador and Secretary)*M,
- Bret Wagenhorst,
- Chris Mericle (Outings Committee Chair and Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail Committee Chair),
- Al Browning
- Call to Order
- Agenda Review: Additions and Changes
- Approve Minutes
- Election of Officers
- Report of Nominating Committee
- Further nominations
- Discussion and vote.
- Deletion of Term Limits from WWALS Bylaws
- Current rule in WWALS Bylaws, Article V Section 3 is two consecutive full 3-year terms.
- This proposed change has been duly announced according to Bylaws “ARTICLE XII. AMENDMENT The Bylaws of the Corporation may be altered, amended or added to by a majority of the Trustees present and voting therefore at a meeting of the Board of Trustees with respect to which notice of such purpose has been given.”
- Discussion and vote.
- Next Meetings:
- Acting ED
- Committee reports are appended to agenda, with items marked for discussion or vote included directly in the agenda.
- Membership Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman
- Grant-writing Committee: Chair Gretchen Quarterman
- Events Committee: Needs a Chair
- Outings Committee: Chair Chris Mericle
- Public Relations Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman
- Watershed Issues Committee: Chair John S. Quarterman
- Alapaha River Water Trail Committee: Chair Chris Graham
- Withlacoochee and Little River Water Trail Committee: Chair Chris Mericle
- Other Business
- How busy everybody is
Will be available at or before the meeting.