Surprise WWALS attorneys and mounds of Sabal Trail and FDEP documents, yet missing documents, overlooked gopher tortoises, and springs that apparently none of the respondents went to see, all in these WWALS videos of the first day of the case WWALS brought to defend its members, the Suwannee River, and the Floridan Aquifer against the invading Sabal Trail pipeline and the Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) and Easement to Use Sovereign Submerged Lands (Easement) the Florida Department of Environmental Protection (FDEP) intends to issue to Sabal Trail.
Petitioner WWALS presented a surprise: two attorneys. Respondents Sabal Trail and FDEP presented a mound of documents. That was all in preliminary matters.
Then Sabal Trail continued with witness Jim Ambrosino
Towards the end of the day, FDEP’s sole witness Lisa Prather testified.
Here’s a link to much more information including vidoes of the other two days of the hearing, and how you can continue to contribute to the IndieGoGo crowdfunding campaign for legal expenses (there will almost certainly be an appeal) or join WWALS.
Below are WWALS videos of Day 1, followed by a video playlist.
- Call to Order and Introductions – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 1. David Shammo – Sabal Trail Witness 1Testimony – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 2. David Dickson – Sabal Trail Witness Testimony 2 – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 3. Breaking for Lunch – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 4. David Dickson – Sabal Trail Witness Testimony 2 (part 2) – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 5. Tom Edwards – WWALS Witness 1 (out of order) – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 6. Joe Britt McClung – WWALS Witness (out of order) Witness Testimony 2 – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 7. Jim Ambrosino – Sabal Trail Witness Testimony 3 – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 8. Lisa Prather – DEP Witness Testimony – DOAH Hearing 15-004975
- 9. DOAH 15-004975 adjournment – 2015-10-19
Here’s a video playlist:
First Day: Sabal Trail’s case in WWALS v. Sabal Trail & FDEP 2015-10-19
Video by Gretchen Quarterman for WWALS Watershed Coalition (WWALS).
Final Hearing, DOAH Case 15-004975, WWALS v. Sabal Trail & FDEP FDEP Notice of Intent to Issue to Sabal Trail
an Environmental Resource Permit (ERP) and Easement to Use Sovereign Submerged Lands (Easement)
Petitioner WWALS: William R. Wohlsifer, Leighanne Boone, John S. Quarterman
Respondents, DEP: Sidney Bigham, David Dickson, Jack Chisolm, Lisa Prather; Sabal Trail: Richard Brightman, Timothy Riley, French Brown