VSU, University Center, Dogwood Room!
Prof. Don Thieme of VSU will speak about underground water issues at the October WWALS board meeting in Wednesday October 9th at 7:30 PM in
Adel at the IHOP, 1200 W 4th Street.
Here’s the letter Prof. Thieme and two other VSU professors wrote to the Air Force about sinkholes and subsidence on the proposed Moody Family Housing in Lowndes County, which also turns out to be in an aquifer recharge zone.
It’s an open board meeting anyone can attend for the business part, as well. Here’s the agenda:
Agenda WWALS Board Meeting
7:30 pm October 9, 2013
IHOP, Adel GA
- Call to Order, Welcome and Introductions
- Speaker: Don Thieme, VSU geologist. Topic: Aquifers, sinkholes, and ground scans.
- Agenda Review: Additions and Changes
- Review and Approval of Minutes of September Board Meeting
- Future Meetings and Events
- Monthly outing (fourth Saturday): October 26, 2013 at Banks Lake near Lakeland.
- Monthly board meeting (second Wednesday): November 13 – no speaker?
- Monthly outing (fourth Saturday, November 23): No outing because of Thanksgiving.
- Starting/Ending balance for July – Gretchen Quarterman
- Donation Accounting – Gretchen Quarterman
- 501(c)(3) status – Dave Hetzel.
- Flint Riverkeeper passthrough – John S. Quarterman
- Committee Reports
- Membership – Garry Gentry – Recruitment
- Events – Karan Rawlins – Water Conference
- Outings – Bret Wagenhorst
- Public Relations – John Quarterman
- Review Action Item List
- Organization Officers and Committee Chairs
- Proposal to restructure offices (Vice President > President > Past President)
- Responsibilities of officers
- GRN Grant – John Quarterman
- Community Foundation of South Georgia – John Quarterman
- Woodruff Foundation – Karan Rawlins
- Ben and Jerry Foundation – John Quarterman
- Other Business